Steamroom
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Shadow Mountain

Go down

Shadow Mountain Empty Shadow Mountain

Post  Gwyndolin Sat 17 Apr 2010, 9:26 pm

I plan to submit my story first to Shadow Mountain Publishing. They're in Utah, and they're a (I forget the actual term, but something like) subsidiary of Deseret Book, which is a Mormon company. Shadow Mountain does lots of types of fiction, including religious, but mostly non-fiction. It has to be clean, though. The reason I'm interested in them is because over the last 5-7 years, almost every single YA Fantasy book I've enjoyed has come from them. They did Fablehaven, Leven Thumps, and Farworld to name a few fantastic series. All of the authors of the series I mention live in the same general area as me. They like locals. I know that they have at least made Brandon Mull, the author of Fablehaven, a very comfortable living, and it didn't take them long at all. That's why I'm interested in them.

They have published some romance, but I'd suggest you check out what they've done before putting interest in them, because I don't think they'd go for steamy sex scenes. Their biggest romance author is Rachel Ann Nunes, and they've also published romance for Becca Wilhite - although, I think her stuff is aimed at teens, and may have some religious undertones in there. I haven't read it yet, so I can't say for sure.

Their website is www.shadowmountain.com. if anyone's interested.

I also have a link at work for an agent in NYC who is just getting started, but is supposed to be really good. I think would be interested in most of the things we will be posting on here. I'll post that link Monday.

Gwyndolin

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum