Introduce yourself here

Go down

Introduce yourself here

Post  Dreamygrril on Fri 16 Apr 2010, 11:39 am

Let's all get to know one another as this will be a small enough group to really do that! This site started JUST today so it is going to trickle in slowly until we have our group.

It will (hopefully) blossom Smile

Last edited by Admin on Fri 16 Apr 2010, 6:00 pm; edited 2 times in total
Dreamygrril
Admin

View user profile http://steamroom.gratuitoforum.com

Back to top Go down

Dreamygrril here!

Post  Dreamygrril on Fri 16 Apr 2010, 1:57 pm

(third person is just so much more interesting yes? lol)

Dreamygrril (admin) is a lover of all things paranormal/fantasy/romance, and has been writing for probably close to ten years. She was originally published twice for poetry, and now once for a short piece of fiction.

She has a dog, a horse, and a husband (in that order) and is stationed SMACK dab in the swamps of New Orleans.

DG will both paticipate (write) and review pieces posted on the "Steam room" forum

*Breaks bottle on the boat that is this new site*

We are officially kicked off!

DRG
Dreamygrril
Admin

View user profile http://steamroom.gratuitoforum.com

Back to top Go down

Woot! Official Member #2

Post  Whisper on Fri 16 Apr 2010, 4:41 pm

Hi there.

This is Whisper speaking. I go by many names, in many places. Most of you probably know me as Breelia. *waves* that's me!

I'll stick to the classic first person for my intro lol

I am a recent college grad. I've been writing since I could hold a pencil and making up stories long before that. Since those early days, I've tried my hand at pretty much everything, from poetry to novels, from comedy to romance, to mystery (that one's not my strong point). I still do short stories quite often when I get blocked on my longer pieces lol

Haven't been as lucky as Dreamygrril, only had one short story published in an e-zine. I am currently working on a paranormal romance series to try to get published. It keeps me busy. lol I look forward to meeting other writers and getting this support group going. (It makes us sound like addicts lol)
Whisper

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Introduce yourself here

Post  ladylilchubb on Fri 16 Apr 2010, 5:29 pm

Hi everyone, =)

Allow me to introduce myself. I'm a full-time student, part time musican, singer, reader, and cook. And oh yeah, did I mention I love to write? It's been my passion for years, although I'm just now getting to a point in my life where I can regularly dive into the keyboard.

I have four WIPs, and although I have trouble pigeon-holing them, I'd call one a thriller, two urban fantasy/romances, and the last one a...well, I really don't know what to make of the last one, LOL. I get on spurts and I just write depending on how I feel, which is how I've ended up with four WIPs and no completions. Laughing Rolling Eyes

I will graduate from college in august with a Bachelor of Science in Animal Science/Biology--whoop! After that, I have no earthly idea what I'll be doing. So maybe I'd better get to writing publishable stuff like, yesterday? haha.

Glad to find out about this forum (thanks DG), and I hope everyone has a great day!
~LL

ladylilchubb

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Gwyndolin

Post  Gwyndolin on Fri 16 Apr 2010, 10:42 pm

Hello, ladies! I'm so glad to be here! I really like the idea of a small, tight knit group.

I'm Gwyndolin. That's pretty much the only name I use for myself online, and I'm even considering using it as a pen name. Very Happy

I have always dabbled with writing, ever since I was a little girl. When I was 12, I started the same novel 3 or 4 times on my uncle's word processor, but he kept deleting it. In high school, I wrote plenty of tortured poetry. I started writing seriously about 2 years ago, after having a very unfortunate life event that left me feeling helpless. I decided that writing was something I could use to take all that negative energy I was feeling, and turn it into something positive. I started my WIP longhand. I always knew who my story was about, but not what it was about. I had written the first 3 chapters before I decided, and then I transcribed it onto the computer. I've been working on the same 60,000 word novel for almost 2 years, but I've done a lot of self teaching, and I've learned lots in the process. I think I have at least the first 2 chapters ready for query, but there are 15 more to go. Surprised

My WIP is a fantasy novel for girls. There's no romance, but I do write for girls, and my next book will be for women. I want to have some romance in it, and it will be fantasy, too.

I'm really excited to get to know everyone, and I'm happy to have a group of like minded women to work with!

Cheers!

Gwyndolin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

betwixt

Post  betwixt on Sat 17 Apr 2010, 12:49 am

Hello,

My name is Amanda, but a few of you may know me as "lilahlove." I'm not really good at talking about myslef, but I'll give it a shot.

I never knew I wanted to write. I started staying at home with my daughter a couple of years ago and really got into reading. I read off and on throughout my life, but nothing major 'cause I always had so many other things going on. Well, one day, after about the fifteenth book I had read in a month's time, ideas starting popping into my head. I thought, hey, maybe I can take a shot at writing (seeing as how none of these ideas would leave my head once they took root).

I wrote a hundred and thirty pages of a young adult novel before I realized it was crap and scratched it. I tried my hand at romance only to get forty pages in and realize I can't write romance very well. So then I thought about the books that really pique my interest, the ones I get lost in and have to make an effort to climb myself back out of, and I found that I really enjoy writing suspense/thriller/mystery. But, of course, I don't belive that a story is a story unless it has love of some kind or another in it (preferably the romantic kind). So at the moment, the book I am writing, and have been writing for over a year now, has to do with human trafficking (Ouch! A lot of bad moments in this book) and deep family secrets.

I love a good romance novel as much as the next one, though, so I'll be more than happy to help in any way my amateur skills are able. And I've strongly considered doing some romance short stories for eBook publishers to help suppliment my income. Anyway, it will be nice to have a group of people to learn and get help from. Looking forward to being a part of this forum.

Very Happy
betwixt

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Amy on Sat 17 Apr 2010, 1:22 am

It's my turn!!!!

I'm just going to let you know I might be the quitest one out of all of us.. I'm not a big fan of groups and I tend to be shy till I get to the feeling of every one..Other then that

I'm Amy.. Some of you know me as MissAmy, I too, go by different names on different boards. I'm a full time student, who is studing education and history. One I want to teach at a university level. I also work full time. I've been trying to get back into writing since I got out of high school, some million years ago. The first thing I ever written was long hand and took over 3 spiral note books. It was a fan Fic from the movie Tombstone.. (Ok.. You can guess my age now. ) Thats when I feel even in more love with history and writing.

I have an idea for a story, that I've been playing around with since I think last fall. I haven't written anything except for the prologue, and lost everything when my computer crashed.. So I'm back to square one. My WIP is I don't know what you would call it. It's not a romance so I would call it fantasy/urban. The other one is a historica/time travel fiction, which the research alone is killing me.

I'm glad I'm here meeting people who have the same interest as I do.

Amy
Amy

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Red

Post  Red on Sat 17 Apr 2010, 8:25 am

Hi,

I'm Red. I've been writing fantasy-adventure romance and paranormal romance for over seven years now.

I have two series of stories that I perpetually work on, each one with between three and five planned individual stories, so far: The Antarian Chronicles (my first love) and The Soul Taker series.
I've recently completed my first novel from Soul Taker, called Soul Reunion, which was 84,000 words and I've submitted it to a handful of agents and publishers for consideration. Soul Reflections is my current WIP and is at about 12,000 words.

My stories always have strong female characters, physicaly large and intimidating males and a good share of violence, usually involving swords; I'm not apologising for this. The draw of these types of story for me is the sex and the violence. I don't do soft, floaty or gentle; stereotypical Mills and Boon or Barbara Cartland is not my style!

I tend to write individual scenes rather than a progressive story, then weld it altogether at the end. Hence files full of scenes and only one completed novel, despite sevent years, nose to the text. Anything can spark a creative idea for me from the first line of an imaginary conversation to seeing a well muscled, tattooed arm passing me by in the street.

My love scenes tend to be hot and steamy and can go on for several pages. It's what I like as a reader of paranormal romance, and my favorite authors in this genre include: JR Ward, Christine Feehan, Kresley Cole, Larissa Ione and Gena Showalter.

My moto is 'life is for living' and on the quiet days when I can't put that in to practice I tend to live it through my characters.

Having painted what I guess might be a less than pretty, or potentially scary picture of myself, I have to say I am really a nice person LOL. I look forward to reading what everyone else writes as well as getting your thoughts on my stuff.

Red.

Red

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  aalmcmullen on Sat 17 Apr 2010, 9:04 pm

Hi all! You can call me Ashley. Some of you might know me from the Karen Marie Moning forum.

I'm a full time mom who is trying to get back into writing. I've been reading everything I could get my hands onto since I was in kindergarten (newspapers, Nancy Drew, medical encyclopedias, cereal boxes, etc.), and I've been putting pen to paper since second grade. I have a BA in English, and I interned with the editorial department of Texas A&M University Press for a few years during college, proofreading mostly. I've supplemented my family's income occasionally by editing stuff (med students' residency statements). When I'm writing, it's usually fantasy with romantic elements and a lot of humor.

I have a story line that has gone through several incarnations in the past 15 years, but it has maybe 55,000+ words to it. It has a lot of good stuff to it, good characters, good scenes, good worldbuilding, but I go through phases where I'm disappointed about where the story has gone and start rewriting it. So it's mostly a huge collection of scenes, about half of them connected, the other half disjointed, that are mostly arranged in order.

I have another story that's nearly as old that's sort of my back up story, about a depressed young woman, socially isolated and unwell yanked out of her world and shoved into a new one where the very things that have held her back are her strengths. Yeah, I know, not something new, but I enjoy writing it.

I have a few other story ideas that I haven't really brought out of the mental basement besides intro pieces because it would rob time from writing my two big stories. I'm currently working on a short story, though, at my husband's encouragement to see if I can sell it to a magazine or e-zine and get my foot in the publishing door. It's a murder mystery/urban fantasy that's about three-quarters done. I think I can finish it pretty soon - it's been relatively easy to write - but I've had family visiting and other life creeping in that's kept me from my keyboard.

I've tried to put together a 'writing ring' before. We wrote two page pieces based on prompts to help us be more flexible in our writing. Our first one had to be scifi incorporating sparrows and lasers. It was fun, but we couldn't pull too many people into the group, so it died out too soon.

I'm a little leery about putting my stuff on the internet, but I would really love to have feedback and work on my problem spots *cough*action scenes*cough*. So, I'll be slow putting my toes into the cold end of the pool. But I'd love to help and participate.

And whoop! right backatcha, lilchubb. 'grats! Smile
aalmcmullen

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Hey!

Post  Irina on Sun 18 Apr 2010, 6:28 pm

*waves*
Hey everyone.
My name is Morgan and I've been writing ever since I can remember.
I am working toward completing a couple of books and short stories soon.
I can't wait to spend more time on here and start writing soon Very Happy
I have several ideas and I really need to start writing them. I write mostly romance or YA.
Glad to meet everyone!

Irina

View user profile

Back to top Go down

*mooseys on in with a quill and parchment*

Post  Seira on Sun 18 Apr 2010, 11:01 pm

Hi. I'm Seira. For those that don't know me I also go by Seira on KMM's board though I have many many names, Seira is the one that was apealling to me most.

I read most fantasy, action/adventure and romance. On occation I've been known to read erotica and some really...violent stuff. *shrugs* I think I'll keep all the evil beatings to my villains though. I've been writing since I was ten but I was making stories before then. Never occured to me until I was ten that I could actully write a story myself. XD That was for the Holy Authors not some Lowly Little Girl. XD

Hmm....anything else about me? Not that I can think of.
Seira

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Hello ladies!

Post  Liberty on Tue 20 Apr 2010, 1:55 pm

Hi everyone! *waves*
So happy to see so many familiar names.

I'm Liberty from KMM's forum. My real name is Anny, I go by either.

I'm working on my Bachelors of Arts in print journalism (with a minor in political science, but wished I'd done it in history farao ). It's a long and complicated story that some of you ladies might have read about on Karen's forum. Long story short I've been 6 credit short of graduation for the last 2 years. Sucks, but I'm dealing with it and trying to get pass this annoying hump.
Anyway, I actually didn't know I wanted to be a writer until I got towards the end of my college years. Yeah, I figured I'd end up working for a newspaper but I had never considered creative writing because I didn't think it was possible. Growing up I loved reading. I think my love for books started around the age of 9, and I read anything I could get my hands on. Part of it had to do with how my English teachers made it into a competition. We'd have to read a book with a certain amount of pages, do a review and we'd get points. Once we got to like 10 points they'd give us free pizza or something. haha It didn't sound like much but hey, it was a big deal for kids at that age.

In college I wrote for my school paper for about a year in varies sections, mostly news. Tried my hand on a little bit of opinion writing (well blogging really, for My Fox -Houston). Now, I'm writing for AssociatedContent.com, which is semi-freelance. I write pieces in travel, food, beauty and fashion, but my area of "expertise" is beauty and fashion. The beginning of this year I was made a featured writer for AC's beauty section.

As for my fiction writing. I've completed one story which I have on my writing website. It was experimental, and mostly just for fun. We were throwing around ideas for stories on Karen's forum and someone suggested I write mine, so I did. Smile I also have a nonfiction story up that I did for one of my journalism classes. I currently have one WIP. It's leaning towards paranormal romance, but I can't seem to get myself to write sex scenes, and I've been stuck on the plot for about a year or two now. I have about two other WIP that ties into this one book, so until I can get this one at least half way done I can't start the others.

Hm...I think that covers it. Oh, just random bits of info. I'm from Texas but I recently moved to the middle of nowhere in OK. Yup, I'm not kidding, we can't even get trash pickup here. I also have two pups.
Liberty

View user profile http://alexisvgirlchatter.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  SnowCamellia on Wed 05 May 2010, 7:43 pm

Hi all! ^_^ My name is Yuki. It's a pleasure to meet you all!

Some things about me. I'm a bit immature sometimes, like a ten year old kid. Hehe. But when needed I can be really, really, realllly serious. Ah but I'm not really good at opening up to people at first. But give me some time and I'll fire away! I enjoy reading a lot, I love reading manga too and watching anime (if you're a fan let me know so we can chit chat away) It's a way to wining my heart. Wink

Oh ever since I was little I lovvved writing! Though I have to admit between here and now I've been through different dream careers. Like singing, acting, photography, painting....a lot, I know. Lol. But now I'm focusing on writing.

Because of a few problems last year with my dad I graduated High School a tad bit late, and will be starting college in August. When I can I volunteer at this small library near my house. They call me their Library Mascot. ^_^

Um...I think that's about it. Again, thanks for having me here!
SnowCamellia

View user profile

Back to top Go down

thisangel here (here here, instead of that other here!)

Post  thisangel on Thu 06 May 2010, 4:37 pm

( I just realized that I placed my introduction in the wrong place - so I've deleted it and tried again. Sorry about that! Here it is again!)

Hiya!

It's nearly 4 am here in the West of Ireland, and I am just getting in the door from a long night involving my partner's parents down from Dublin for a sudden visit, an Italian restaurant, a French wine bar, lots of singing on my part, some of which I was paid for, lots and lots of wine, and now bed and laptop. But let me introduce myself proper, like:

I am a full-time musician, full time performer, full time writer...and with the rest of my time (ha!) I take walks, read books and watch movies and/or bad telly with my partner, whom I love dearly. I have been a poet and songwriter for the greater part of my life, but am only recently been brave enough to sit down and actually write the prose that has been stewing in my head for years.

My current (and very first!) novel is the first of a planned trilogy, the trilogy itself being part of a loosely interconnected series of trilogies (I dream big, lol). The novel is entitled Blood Bourne, and I have 11 + Chapters written of the first draft so far, and writing more every day. It's a supernatural dark urban fantasy thriller. I don't honestly know if it qualifies as being specifically for women...but the main character is a woman, and she's a bonafide action hero. You'll meet her soon.

More about me....lessee...I'm an official ginger, a lover of books and trees...and books in trees. I grew up in the States, but live in Ireland now. I am old enough to know, and too young to know better.

That's about it. I'm looking forward to delving in here! Very Happy Very Happy
thisangel

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down